We will only process your Personal Data (as defined under applicable law) in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For the purposes of UK and EU data protection legislation, the data controller is tend.ly LLC, 23 E Main St, Carmel, Indiana, USA.
1. Information We Collect
We collect information and data about users of our website, blog, online learnings, mobile site, about individuals that attend events organized or hosted by us, or when individuals otherwise contact us.
(a) Information You Choose to Submit
When you create an account and profile on our website or attend an event organized or hosted by us, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide.
(b) Information We Automatically Collect
(c) Third Party Sources
We occasionally obtain information from third parties. These third-party sources include:
- Applications and services, such as social networks, that make users’ information available to others;
- Partners with which we jointly provide services; and
- Publicly-available sources, such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for us to provide our services, we may not be able to provide those services to you.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use personal information gathered through our services for purposes described in this privacy statement or otherwise disclosed to you. For example we use your personal information to:
- provide and deliver our services, provide customer support, and respond to your questions;
- operate our business, including business analytics;
- send you information, such as confirmations, updates, and support and administrative messages; and
- communicate with you about new developments, upcoming events, and other non-essential or promotional information.
3. How We Share Your Information
We share personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the services you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide information in the course of making a payment, we will share that information with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
We share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide accounting services, website hosting, event support and cloud-based office productivity services may need access to personal information to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger, transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our clients or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our services and operations, including to prevent fraud or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect our rights or property, including enforcing the terms of our agreements.
4. How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. tend.ly has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using SaaStr services on a shared or unsecured device.
5. Choice and Control of Your Personal Information
Access, correction, and deletion.
If you wish to request access to, or correction or deletion of, personal information about you that we hold, you can do so by contacting us as described at the bottom of this privacy statement. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee or decline requests that are unreasonable, excessive, or prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates.
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from us by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that message, or by contacting us as described at the bottom of this privacy statement. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications such as billing statements or communications that are part of our ongoing services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
Do Not Track.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites may not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
6. Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary in the context of different services and engagements, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria including the types of data, the nature of the engagement and relationship, and our legal or contractual obligations.
7. Location of Personal Information
The personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Currently, we store data primarily in the United States. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and applicable law wherever the data is located.
8. European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of personal information about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal information;
- If any automated processing of personal information is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your personal information in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal information is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal information under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests, contact us at the address provided at the bottom of this statement. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
9. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect changes in applicable law or in how we process personal information. When we post changes to the statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the top of the statement. If we make material changes to the statement, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law.
10. Contacting Us